Monday, February 28, 2011

Nothing to do now....but hike!

All my equipment has been purchased and training hikes completed....nothing left to do now but drive to Georgia and get on the trail.  I've been monitoring whiteblaze.net and lots of hikers have started or are about to get started this week.  It looks like the weather has been cooperating with the hikers already on the AT. Although it's cold at night, the weather during the day seems to be tolerable.
I'm in the process of putting together my first re-supply box which I'll mail before we leave on Saturday. I plan to mail it the Walasi-Yi Center which is about 30 miles from Springer Mtn.  There are other mail drop locations throughout the trail.
My next post will come from the AT!

"It's not the load that breaks you down.  It's the way you carry it."
Lena Horne

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck Dave, North,South,East and West! Take GREY tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I/We are getting excited for you....of course all of our good friends and my family know of your upcoming adventure and wish you the best. Hopefully some of us can live vicariously (sp) through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Torch, er I mean Dave,
    So your finally going to do it. Well good luck out there and please, by all means, keep safe. We'll be following you on blog and talking to you in August.

    All our best,

    The Wasko clan of Chalkhill Pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it on Gotta get it on No choice but too get...it... ON! You da man Mr. Dave Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Brass & Oak friends are wishing you all the best. Have a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete