Sunday, September 18, 2011

Home to Heal

Decided yesterday to head home for a while to help this staph infection heal and gain some weight.  Yesterday morning I woke up and decided I was tired of hanging around the hostel.  So I took a bus from Gorham, NH to Boston-Logan Airport.  I booked a flight to Baltimore on Jet Blue and landed around 4 PM. Brian picked me up and we were home shortly after that.

I'm getting an appointment with my family doctor to see if there's anything more I can do to speed up the healing process. If I'm healthy by October 1st, I'll fly back to Bangor, get a bus to Millinocket, a ride to Baxter State Park and get an early start up to Mt. Katahdin.  Then I'll head south to Gorham to finish the trail that way.  We'll see what happens...

Thanks for all your well-wishes.  I'm still as determined as ever and hope everything works out.  It will be great to see family and friends for a few days.  Until then, hasta la vista!

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
-Ron White

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dave, You made the right decision to regain your health and strength. Love, B&B

    ReplyDelete