Monday, September 5, 2011

Photo Update!

Here are some of my photos from the last two months on the trail.  Less than 400 miles to go!  
I think I can, I think I can...

 Copperhead Snake at Clarks Ferry Shelter (7-6-11)

 Pennsylvania Countryside from Fisher Look-out

 The trail in Eastern PA is very rocky!  (7-8-11)
 More of the rocky trail

 St. Peter's Church Youth Group on the trail

 Rough hiking in Eastern PA

 Boy, was I glad to get out of PA!

 My buddy, Jim M., came to visit in Port Clinton, PA

 Torch and the PA countryside

 Beautiful views of PA!


 Eckville Shelter in PA

 Pick-Wick at Eckville Shelter

 More of the PA trail

 Rocky climb in PA

 Tricky hiking in PA

 Just when you've thought you've see enough rocks, there are more!


 Timber Rattler in PA


 There he goes!  Thank goodness!

 Amy and I hit the trail for the weekend

 Amy on the AT

 Taking a break...


 Amy and the AT

 Torch on the AT

 Monument on the mountain top in New Jersey

 No, that's not me climbing that tree...it's a black bear in NJ!

 Jim Murray's property near the AT



 VFW in Vernon, NJ

 New Jersey/New York line


Muldoon at the NJ/NY line


 The Lemon Squeeze Rock Formation in NY

 More of the Lemon Squeeze Rock formation


 Muldoon at Lemon Squeeze Rock

 Direction and mileage sign on the AT in NY

 View from Bear Mountain, NY

 View of the NYC skyline (you can just barely see it!)

 Muldoon and I at the Bear Mountain Zoo

 Bear Mountain Zoo




 Bears in the Bear Mountain Zoo (Glad they are in a cage!)

 Wiley Shelter

 Wiley Shelter

 Rock formation in CT

 Strange rock formation in CT

 CT countryside

 CT

 Torch in CT


 Torch and Muldoon at Goose Pond, MA

 Shelter at Upper Goose Pond

Mt. Greylock


 Quote by Thoreau

 Torch and Thoreau


 Crossing into VT

 Moose on the AT
 There he goes...





 Muldoon and I on top of Mt. Kittering

 Mt. Kittering
 Trail Magic at the 500 mile marker (500 miles left to go!)

 Iced cold drinks!  Almost heaven!

 Torch in VT

 Views in VT

 More views of VT

 Inn at Long Trail

 Campsite at Long Trail Inn

Inn at Long Trail

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Dave! Thanks for sharing them. I think I would have given up when I saw those rocks in PA...and the snake...and the bear! You're doing great and we know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moose pics! He looks like a ghost moose. Was great hiking with you. Wish I was still there. Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave, It certainly looks like an adventure to me. Loved the Moose pictures, just mossing along. You are doing great. Hope your toe is improving. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I left the ski trail to check out Cooper Lodge at the Killington Peak during my last ski trip up there! I hope the flooding didn't hold you up too much! Wishing you the best from Woodlin!

    ReplyDelete