Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Packing to go back on the Trail Again

Doing last minute packing for my trip to Gorham, NH to finish the last 298 miles to Katahdin.  Muldoon, my hiking buddy from last year, is picking me up and driving me up there tomorrow.  We plan to start hiking on Friday morning.  I've checked the weather forecast for Gorham and it looks like decent weather with the highs in the low 80s.

If everything goes well, I should complete the last leg in about 30 days.  Muldoon is hiking with me for the first 30 miles or so.  He completed the AT hike last year on October 15th.  So he is familiar with the last part of the hike and has given me some helpful information.

Will hopefully add a new post every few days or so.  Thanks to Muldoon for the lift up to Gorham and his encouragement!

    “To finish the moment, to find the journey's end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. Dave,
    Have a great last leg of the trip. We will all be waiting to hear about your adventure. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! Have a great last leg on the trail~ Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Trails to you and Muldoon. I hope you have a great hike. -Jane

    ReplyDelete